Industry Restart Guidelines – September 17, 2020
- Restricted Activities Directions August 2nd [pdf 5.70 MB]
- VIC GOV Hygiene Face Covering Stakeholder Packs
- MONDAY JUNE 1 – TOURISM INDUSTRY GUIDELINES
- UPDATE: MONDAY JUNE 1 – GUIDING STEPS TO REOPENING – VTIC
- UPDATE: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7th – TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, VICTORIA
- REGIONAL VICTORIA – Roadmap to opening September 2020
- Regional Roadmap to Recovery PDF [pdf 160.01 KB]
- VTIC INDUSTRY SUPPORT HUB
- Regional Victoria Third Step September 15th
- March 18th – COVID-19 Newsletter 1
- March 23 – COVID-19 Newsletter 2
- March 30 – COVID-19 Newsletter 3
- April 6 – COVID-19 Newsletter 4
- April 14 – COVID-19 Newsletter 5
- April 21 – COVID-19 Newsletter 6
- May 5 – COVID-19 Newsletter 7
- May 19 – COVID-19 Newsletter 8
- May 27 – COVID-19 Newsletter 9
- Grampians Tourism Industry eNews – June 2020
- August 6 – COVID-19 Newsletter 10
- August 21 – COVID-19 Newsletter 11
- September 9 – COVID-19 Newsletter 12
Business Support Fund – Extension (Aug 2020)
To support businesses impacted by these restrictions, one-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
Applications for the program will be extended until 14 September 2020.
Federal Government JobKeeper Payment
JobKeeper is a fortnightly payment made by the ATO of $1,500 per eligible employee, for a maximum period of 6 months. This is available to business that have a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago OR a business that has a turnover of $1 billion or more and their turnover will be reduced by more than 50 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago. Not-for-profit entities and self-employed individuals that meet the turnover criteria are eligible to apply.
Victorian Government Economic Survival Package
The most accurate and up to date health information is available at Australian Government Department of Health website including a factsheet for travellers in both English and simplified Chinese.
Australia’s Chief Medical Officer has issued specific advice for hotel staff and guests relating to the management of the coronavirus. It has issued a factsheet for hotel management and staff and for hotel guests at Hotels and Hotel Staff and Hotel Guests.
These factsheets include information about preventive action staff and guests should take.
Check the latest information from the relevant authorities, if you have questions or are concerned about the coronavirus.
Tourism Australia’s consumer website includes information on coronavirus and links to relevant websites where travellers can access the latest health and travel advice.
The Federal Government has announced a stimulus package to assist businesses and individuals cope with the COVID-19 implications.
The two points of most relevance for operators will be
- Boosting cash flow for businesses with cash payments of up $25,000, for businesses with turnovers under $50 million, and 50% wage subsidies for apprentices and trainees.
- Delivering support for business investment by enhancing the instant asset write-off (lifting the threshold to $150 million) and a 15-month investment incentive by accelerating depreciation deductions to 50% of the asset cost.
Please ensure you read the Federal Government’s Economic Response to the Coronavirus to ascertain where there may be some assistance available to you and your business
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has released a guide for employers to assist in managing your workforce and resources related to the financial impacts of the virus. Visit their website here.
- Re-opening program for Tourism Businesses
- Insights Summary Report – How the Grampians Region visitor economy is expected to recover post virus 20 May [pdf 465.83 KB]
- Information for hotels and hotel staff [pdf 132.33 KB]
- Stay at Home Directions [pdf 645.99 KB]
- Restricted Activity Directions [pdf 684.25 KB]
- Tourism Crisis Management Plan [pdf 3.66 MB]
- Crisis Essentials Guide [pdf 1.38 MB]
- Refusal of Service Poster – No Takeaway [pdf 104.52 KB]
- Refusal of Service Poster – Takeaway [pdf 104.50 KB]
Visitor Information Centres
The opening hours for the area’s VIC’s is as follows:
Halls Gap – Open 9am – 5pm daily for the School Holidays.
Stawell – Open Thursday and Friday 9 – 4 pm for the School Holidays
St. Arnaud – Closed for face to face enquiries.
Dunkeld – Open Saturday & Sunday 10 – 4 pm for the school holidays.
Hamilton – Closed for face to face enquiries. Contact can be made via email, phone, social media and website
Ararat – Closed for face to face enquiries
Horsham – Closed for face to face enquiries
At all other times visitors should call 1800 065 599 or visit www.visitgrampians.com.au