Business Support Fund
The Victorian Government has launched the $500 million Business Support Fund to help small businesses survive the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and keep people in work.
The Fund is part of the Victorian Government’s $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package.
Federal Government JobKeeper Payment
JobKeeper is a fortnightly payment made by the ATO of $1,500 per eligible employee, for a maximum period of 6 months. This is available to business that have a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago OR a business that has a turnover of $1 billion or more and their turnover will be reduced by more than 50 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago. Not-for-profit entities and self-employed individuals that meet the turnover criteria are eligible to apply.
Victorian Government Economic Survival Package
The most accurate and up to date health information is available at Australian Government Department of Health website including a factsheet for travellers in both English and simplified Chinese.
Australia’s Chief Medical Officer has issued specific advice for hotel staff and guests relating to the management of the coronavirus. It has issued a factsheet for hotel management and staff and for hotel guests at Hotels and Hotel Staff and Hotel Guests.
These factsheets include information about preventive action staff and guests should take.
Check the latest information from the relevant authorities, if you have questions or are concerned about the coronavirus.
Tourism Australia’s consumer website includes information on coronavirus and links to relevant websites where travellers can access the latest health and travel advice.
The Federal Government has announced a stimulus package to assist businesses and individuals cope with the COVID-19 implications.
The two points of most relevance for operators will be
- Boosting cash flow for businesses with cash payments of up $25,000, for businesses with turnovers under $50 million, and 50% wage subsidies for apprentices and trainees.
- Delivering support for business investment by enhancing the instant asset write-off (lifting the threshold to $150 million) and a 15-month investment incentive by accelerating depreciation deductions to 50% of the asset cost.
Please ensure you read the Federal Government’s Economic Response to the Coronavirus to ascertain where there may be some assistance available to you and your business
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has released a guide for employers to assist in managing your workforce and resources related to the financial impacts of the virus. Visit their website here.
Current alterations to business in the Grampians
Updated JUNE 26 2020
- Harvest Café – Permanently Closed. Reopening under new name later in 2020
- Halls Gap Zoo – hallsgapzoo.com.au – Open
- Pomonal Estate – Reopening June 24th
- Dot and Frankie – dotandfrankie.com.au – Open
- Livefast Café – Open
- Flame Brothers – Open
- Grampians Helicopters grampianshelicopters.com.au – Open
- Grampians Wine Tours – grampianswinetours.com.au – Open
- Montara Wines – montarawines.com.au – Closed
- Grampians Olive Company – grampiansoliveco.com.au – Closed until Spring. Available for online sales
- Bests Cellar Door – bestswines.com – Open
- Fallen Giants – fallengiants.com.au – Open Saturdays during the school holidays from 12-5pm for bottle sales only
- Grampians Edge Caravan Park – Open
- The Wander Inn – Open
- Halls Gap Hotel – Open
- Grampians Adventure Golf and MOCO Gallery – Open everyday over the school holidays 10-5pm for Golf, Cafe Bar and Gallery. Open for Brunch and all day lunch
- Brambuk Cultural Centre – Closed until further notice
- Seppelt – seppelt.com.au – Open
- Salinger’s – Open
- Coola’s Ice Cream – Open
- Miners Ridge Winery – minersridge.com.au – Accommodation open. Cellar Door Open by appointment.
- Dunkeld Caravan Park – Open
- Barangaroo – barangaroowines.com.au – Open
- Norton Estate – nortonestate.com.au – Closed
- Great Grampians Tours – Closed
- Grampians Estate – grampiansestate.com.au – Open including light lunch and tastings
- RUSS Studios – goldnsilvermine.com.au – Open
- Innerji Sound – innerjisoundandmassage.com.au – Open
- Kookaburra Hotel – Open
- Grampians Paradise Camping and Caravan Parkland – Open
- Elite Equestrian Academy & Cottage Equus – Open
- Mountainside Wines and The Blue House – Open by appointment from June 1
- Grampians View B&B – Open
- Ansett Museum – Closed
- Campes Motor Museum – Closed
- Art Gallery – Open
- HILAC – Open
- Halls Gap Lakeside Tourist Park – Open.
- Lake Fyans Holiday Park – Open
- Big4 NRMA Holiday Park – Open
- Halls Gap Caravan Park – Open
- Halls Gap Gardens Caravan Park – Open
- Cafe Catalpa – Open
- Spirit of Punjab – Open
- Dunkeld Old Bakery – Open
- Paper Scissors Rock Brew Co. – Open
- The Hamilton Hamper – Open
- Izzy’s Tavern – Open
- Roxburgh House – Open.
- Izzy’s Café Dunkeld – Takeaway only
- Royal Mail Hotel – Open
- Budget On The Lake – Open
- Hamilton Caravan Park – Open
- Hamilton Lakeside Motel- Open
- Hamilton Lonsdale Motel –Open
- Hamilton Townhouse – Open
- Lake Hamilton Motor Village & Caravan Park – Open
Visitor Information Centres
- Halls Gap – Open
- Stawell – Open Thurs & Fri
- St. Arnaud – Closed
- Dunkeld – Email, Phone, Social and websites
- Hamilton – Email, Phone, Social and websites
At all other times visitors should call 1800 065 599 or visit www.visitgrampians.com.au
- Re-opening program for Tourism Businesses
- Insights Summary Report – How the Grampians Region visitor economy is expected to recover post virus 20 May [pdf 465.83 KB]
- Information for hotels and hotel staff [pdf 132.33 KB]
- Stay at Home Directions [pdf 645.99 KB]
- Restricted Activity Directions [pdf 684.25 KB]
- Tourism Crisis Management Plan [pdf 3.66 MB]
- Crisis Essentials Guide [pdf 1.38 MB]