Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Updates: May 20th, 2020
March 18th – COVID-19 Newsletter 1
March 23 – COVID-19 Newsletter 2
March 30 – COVID-19 Newsletter 3
April 6 – COVID-19 Newsletter 4
April 14 – COVID-19 Newsletter 5
April 21 – COVID-19 Newsletter 6
May 5 – COVID-19 Newsletter 7
May 19 – COVID-19 Newsletter 8
BUSINESS SUPPORT FUND OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
The Victorian Government has launched the $500 million Business Support Fund to help small businesses survive the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and keep people in work.
The Fund is part of the Victorian Government’s $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package.
More information here
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBKEEPER PAYMENT
JobKeeper is a fortnightly payment made by the ATO of $1,500 per eligible employee, for a maximum period of 6 months. This is available to business that have a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago OR a business that has a turnover of $1 billion or more and their turnover will be reduced by more than 50 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago. Not-for-profit entities and self-employed individuals that meet the turnover criteria are eligible to apply.
More Information here
The most accurate and up to date health information is available at Australian Government Department of Health website including a factsheet for travellers in both English and simplified Chinese.
Australia’s Chief Medical Officer has issued specific advice for hotel staff and guests relating to the management of the coronavirus. It has issued a factsheet for hotel management and staff and for hotel guests at Hotels and Hotel Staff and Hotel Guests.
These factsheets include information about preventive action staff and guests should take.
Check the latest information from the relevant authorities, if you have questions or are concerned about the coronavirus.
Tourism Australia’s consumer website includes information on coronavirus and links to relevant websites where travellers can access the latest health and travel advice.
The Federal Government has announced a stimulus package to assist businesses and individuals cope with the COVID-19 implications.
The two points of most relevance for operators will be
1.Boosting cash flow for businesses with cash payments of up $25,000, for businesses with turnovers under $50 million, and 50% wage subsidies for apprentices and trainees.
2.Delivering support for business investment by enhancing the instant asset write-off (lifting the threshold to $150 million) and a 15-month investment incentive by accelerating depreciation deductions to 50% of the asset cost.
Please ensure you read the Federal Government’s Economic Response to the Coronavirus to ascertain where there may be some assistance available to you and your business
The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has released a guide for employers to assist in managing your workforce and resources related to the financial impacts of the virus. Visit their website here
Current alterations to business in the Grampians
The web addresses denote businesses with an online store.
- Harvest Café –
- Halls Gap Zoo – hallsgapzoo.com.au – Opening June 1
- Pomonal Estate – Closed
- Dot and Frankie – dotandfrankie.com.au – Open from May 30th
- Livefast Café – Open for takeaway & limited hours
- Flame Brothers – Closed
- Grampians Helicopters grampianshelicopters.com.au – Closed
- Grampians Wine Tours – grampianswinetours.com.au – Closed
- Montara Winery – montarawines.com.au – Closed
- Grampians Olive Company – grampiansoliveco.com.au – Closed
- Bests Cellar Door – bestswines.com – Open for sales. No tastings.
- Fallen Giants – fallengiants.com.au – Closed
- Grampians Edge Caravan Park – Open for Fully Self Contained Accom on June 1
- The Wander Inn – Closed
- Halls Gap Hotel – Open from Fri, June 5
- Grampians Adventure Golf and MOCO Gallery – Open weekends only
- Brambuk Cultural Centre – Closed
- Seppelt – seppelt.com.au – Closed
- Salinger’s – Open for Takeaway
- Coola’s Ice Cream – Open for takeaway
- Miners Ridge Winery – minersridge.com.au/wines – Accommodation open
- Dunkeld Caravan Park – Closed
- Barangaroo – barangaroowines.com.au – Open from 6th of June
- Norton Estate – nortonestate.com.au – Closed
- Great Grampians Tours – Closed
- Grampians Estate – grampiansestate.com.au
- RUSS Studios – gsmshop.com.au – Open from May 30th
- Innerji Sound – innerjisoundandmassage.com.au – Open from June 1 with altered trading
- Kookaburra Hotel – Closed
- Grampians Paradise Camping and Caravan Parkland – As of 1st June open to guests who do not require use of shared facilities.
- Elite Equestrian Academy & Cottage Equus
- Mountainside Wines and The Blue House – Closed
- Grampians View B&B – Closed
- Ansett Museum – Closed
- Campes Motor Museum – Closed
- Art Gallery – are doing virtual posts to explore the Galleries collection
- Halls Gap Lakeside Tourist Park – Open June 1, Overnight stay in self-contained accommodation and camping for RV’s with their own facilities allowed.
- Lake Fyans Holiday Park – Open June 1, Overnight stay in self-contained accommodation and camping for RV’s with their own facilities allowed.
- Big4 NRMA Holiday Park – Open June 1, Overnight stay in self-contained accommodation and camping for RV’s with their own facilities allowed.
- Halls Gap Caravan Park – Open June 1, Overnight stay in self-contained accommodation and camping for RV’s with their own facilities allowed.
- Halls Gap Gardens Caravan Park – Open June 1, Overnight stay in self-contained accommodation and camping for RV’s with their own facilities allowed.
- Cafe Catalpa – Takeaway food only
- Spirit of Punjab – Takeaway and delivery
- Dunkeld Old Bakery – Local doorstop delivery only in Dunkeld and Glenthompson
- Paper Scissors Rock Brew Co. – Delivery of 1.89L Growlers in local area
- The Hamilton Hamper – Takeaway meals and coffee. Hampers and giftware available in store or via kerbside delivery.
- Izzy’s Tavern – Free contactless deliveries within Hamilton. Takeaway order only. Cashless payments.
- Roxburgh House – Trading from the laneway with all of your usuals. Orders can be placed via app or on site with social distance measures in place.
- Izzy’s Café Dunkeld – Takeaway only
- Royal Mail Hotel – Fine dining in ISO package in partnership with Great Ocean Ducks. Order your meals with delivery available to Melbourne and regional areas listed on Facebook. See Facebook for more information.
- Budget On The Lake – Self-isolation rooms available for a discounted rate.
- Hamilton Caravan Park – Self-isolation and emergency accommodation available.
- Hamilton Lakeside Motel- Self-isolation rooms available with kitchenettes.
- Hamilton Lonsdale Motel – Self-isolation and emergency accommodation available.
- Hamilton Townhouse – Self-isolation rooms available.
- Lake Hamilton Motor Village & Caravan Park – Self-isolation and emergency accommodation available.
Visitor Information Centre Closed for face to face interaction:
- Halls Gap – Open
- Stawell – Open Thurs & Fri
- St. Arnaud – Closed
- Dunkeld – Email, Phone, Social and websites
- Hamilton – Email, Phone, Social and websites
At all other times visitors should call 1800 065 599 or visit www.visitgrampians.com.au
- Re-opening program for Tourism Businesses
- Insights Summary Report – How the Grampians Region visitor economy is expected to recover post virus 20 May [pdf 465.83 KB]
- Information for hotels and hotel staff [pdf 132.33 KB]
- Stay at Home Directions [pdf 645.99 KB]
- Restricted Activity Directions [pdf 684.25 KB]
- Tourism Crisis Management Plan [pdf 3.66 MB]
- Crisis Essentials Guide [pdf 1.38 MB]