Grow Me the Money
Grow Me The Money is a 12 month online program designed to help small to medium sized businesses become more sustainable and save money. Grow Me The Money provides businesses with the tools, resources and support to use less energy and water, create less waste and save money and is partnership between Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) and the Victorian Government.
To find out more click here or call (03) 8662 5480
VECCI’s Carbon Compass program combines online, face-to-face and telephone-based support to Victorian small and medium sized businesses, helping them improve energy efficiency, reduce costs and lower their carbon emissions. For independent advice on energy efficiency decisions for your business, speak to a consultant on 03 8662 5490 or visitcarboncompass.com.au
ECO-Buy is a government funded organisation established to encourage the purchasing of green products across local government and business, encouraging organisations to buy products that are less damaging to our environment and human health.
ECO-Buy Business membership is open to Victorian businesses employing over 100 staff. However, smaller businesses are able to utilise the following ECO-Buy resources:
- ECO-Find – an online database listing thousands of green products
- ECO-Bonus – discounts and incentives from specific suppliers
- ECO-Guide – template purchasing policy, green shopping list, environmental specifications for tenders
- ECO-Expos – invitations to expos to see, hear, touch and smell green products
- Newsletter – access to the ECO-Buy newsletter What Goes Around Comes Around
For more information go to the ECO-Buy website or contact the ECO-Buy Business Program Manager on (03) 9667 5587.
Smarter Resources, Smarter Business
The Smarter Resources, Smarter Business program is a $10 million, three year program that assists medium-sized businesses to improve their resource efficiency.
The program provides businesses with:
- Access to targeted information, tools and resources to help businesses better understand and improve their resource efficiency
- Funding to identify and implement resource efficiency improvements
- A Business Support Program to facilitate leadership and networking opportunities
- A Recognition Program to acknowledge those businesses that have implemented resource efficient practices.
The program is designed to support medium-sized businesses operating in Victoria. Medium-sized businesses are defined as having between 20 and 199 employees, in accordance with the Victorian Government’s Department of State Development, Business and Innovation classifications. Metropolitan and regional businesses, from any business type, are welcome to apply.
The Gumnut Awards is a progressive rating scheme for holiday, tourist and residential parks that recognise a commitment to environmental sustainability and social responsibility. Parks are granted a Gold, Silver or Bronze Award based on their level of achievement in environmental management.
Last Updated 9th July 2013